- Standard 6472 earth tester with GroundFlex option for tower and structure testing
- Measures earth resistance of towers and structures with up to 4 legs with independant earth connected
- Supplied with 4 x 5 metre Rogowski coils accommodating structures up to 1.5m diameter
- Supplied with Pacific Test 100/50m kit in two canvas bags
The 6472 distinguishes itself from other portable earth testers in that it has a test current of up to 250mA improving its ability to make accurate and repeatable measurements in poor soil conditions as frequently encountered in Australia.
The AEMC 6472 Earth Tester is several earth testers in one. It allows the user to perform all necessary earth measurements comprising:
- Earth Resistance of an isolated electrode
- Earth Resistance of a connected electrode without disconnection by the Selective method
- Earth Resistance of a connected electrode without disconnection by the Stakeless method
- Soil Resistivity directly in Ohm-m by either the Wenner or Schlumberger methods
- Earth Bond Resistance (milli-ohmmeter)
- External AC and DC voltage measurement
Ground measurement on towers with ground cable
High-voltage lines are usually equipped with a ground cable to allow lightning to discharge to ground via the tower. As all the towers are all connected to this conductor, all the tower’s resistances are in parallel. This means it is impossible to measure tower resistance using traditional 3-Point methods unless the ground cable is disconnected, which is a dangerous and time-consuming operation.
The connections are displayed and flash if incorrect or absent for the test selected.