The Fault Mapper Pro® Model CA7027 is a hand-held graphical TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) designed for identifying and locating faults on power and communication cables, given access to one end only.
The Fault Mapper Pro® measures cable length and indicates the length and distance to cable faults to a range of 9 ft (3 m) to 19,000 ft (6000m) on virtually any type of cable. It injects a series of pulses into the cable under test. The velocity at which the pulses travel is determined by the type of cable, which is known as the velocity of propagation (Vp) of the cable. The Velocity of Propagation (Vp) is adjustable between 1% and 99% enabling accurate calibration to the cable under test.
The Vp value is expressed as a percentage of the speed of light (e.g. 67% or ft/mtrs/micro-second), this value will vary according to the type of cable under test. The Fault Mapper Pro® can accept user selectable values between 1 and 99% (or the equivalent value in feet or meters per micro-second).
Based on the selected Vp and the time taken for the pulses to travel through the cable, a reflection profile of the cable under test is displayed. An adjustable cursor assists in locating faults and termination.
The Fault Mapper Pro® incorporates an oscillating tone tracer, which is detectable with a standard tone tracer, for use in the tracing and identification of cable pairs.
- Hand held Fault Mapper Pro Telephone Cable Tester/ Graphical TDR
- Maps and pinpoints location of faults on power & communication cables
- 11 range scales indicating cable faults and terminations up to 6000m
- Unique graphical and digital display of fault information and length
- Detects opens, shorts, taps, splitters, high resistance, wet cables, splices & more
- Identifies impedance mismatches
- Works with twisted pair, parallel and coaxial cable
- Selectable cable impedance (25, 50, 75, 100 ohms)
- Over-voltage protection up to 250V
- Adjustable cursor assists in locating faults and termination
- Built-in tone generator for tracing and locating cables
- Large high-visibility blue electroluminescent backlit display
- Product includes soft carrying case, 4mm colour coded banana plugs with alligator clips, 4 x 1.5 AA batteries and user manual
- Optional Tone Receiver TR03
- Determine length of cable runs
- Find cable faults and the distance to them
- Determine degradation of cables due to moisture and other contaminants
- Trace and identify cables
- Determine telephone cable connections and the length to them