The Model 275HVD is designed to detect the presence of high voltage without physical contact.
An eight position rotary switch selects the detection range. As the sensor is moved closer to the voltage carrying conductor, its sensor head picks up the radiated electric field. Once the threshold is reached, the buzzer sounds and a bright red warning light warns the operator of live conductors.
The Model 275HVD is powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries and can be used both in- and out-of-doors. A universal spline on the back-end facilitates attachment to any standard hot stick. A self-test position ensures that all circuitry and annunciators are working properly before use.
- Non-contact voltage detector
- Wide range of detection; finds 80V to 275kV; one instrument fits all applications
- Eight switch selectable voltage ranges
- Lightweight, minimizes sway at the end of long hot sticks
- Audible and visual indication of live voltage
- Self-test position ensures that all system functions and indicators are working properly by energizing the complete system
- Designed for use with hot sticks incorporating a shotgun adapter
- Powered by three standard Alkaline C cell batteries
- Shotgun adapter included
- Non-contact detection of live voltages
- Check and detect live high voltage cables
- Find faults in cables
- Check grounding equipment
- Service neon lighting
- Trace live wires
- Check high frequency radiation
- Detect residual or induced voltages