The Model 5231 is a rugged, economical TRMS digital multimeter with a non-electrical contact testing (NCV) function for detecting live electrical circuits. This multimeter is designed for safety: IEC61010 600V CAT IV. The Multimeter Model 5231 provides a Volt, Ohm, Continuity, Diode function, as well as an AC voltmeter function with low input impedance that is capable of finding ghost voltages by adding a burden to the circuit. It performs AC/DC direct reading current measurements up to 600A with a current clamp accessory plugged in.
The rotary function switch provides two OFF positions (OFF and OFF NCV). While in the OFF NCV position, the display will turn red if placed close to a live cable, providing a safe and easy way to detect hot wires. This meter has a high sensitivity with a resolution of 0.01mV and can withstand overloads up to 8000V.
The Model 5231 is ideal for electrical installers, electricians and heating or air-conditioning specialists.
- 4-digit TRMS multimeter
- 6000-count +61 segment bargraph
- Voltage AC/DC 6 ranges/60mV to 1000V; Resolution: 0.01mV
- Current AC/DC with 1mV/A clamp: 600A; Resolution: 0.1A
- Resistance 6 ranges/ 60Mohms; Resolution 0.1ohms
- Capacitance 6 ranges 1000 micro-Farads; Resolution 0.01nF
- Continuity with Beeper
- Diode test
- Non Contact Voltage detection with Red display
- High sensitivity with a resolution of 0.01mV
- AC voltmeter with low input impedance (voltage measurements for electricity and electrical engineering)
- AC/DC voltmeter with high input impedance (voltage measurements for electronics)
- Ohmmeter, Continuity test with buzzer and Diode test functions
- Ammeter (measurement using current clamp-on current probes)
- Withstands overloads up to 8000V
- VLowZ function detects the presence of ghost voltage by placing a burden on the circuit
- Multi-position mounting for a hands-free work environment
- Recommended current probes – AEMC Models MN03, MN251 & SR651
- IEC/EN 61010-1, 1000V CAT III, 600V CAT IV