The Ground Resistance Tester Model 6416 measures ground rod and grid resistance and impedance without the use of auxiliary rods. Clamp-on ground resistance testers can be used in multi-grounded systems without disconnecting or de-energizing the ground system under test it. The Model 6416 simply clamps around the grounding electrode or conductor and measures the resistance to ground. By performing measurements on intact ground systems, the user also verifies the quality of the grounding connections and bonds. Resistance and continuity of grounding loops around pads and buildings may also be measured.
Three new features unique to AEMC® are:
- Test frequency selection provides more accurate results in inductive environments
- Touch voltage indication indicates the voltage on the display along with a warning buzzer when the voltage derived from current and resistance measurements detect a potentially dangerous touch condition
- Loop resistance indication alerts the user to the fact that the measurement may not be ground resistance
The Model 6416 includes a high sensitivity measurement function enabling measurement of leakage current flowing to ground or circulating in ground loops from 0.2mA to 40A and resistances from 0.01 to 1500Ω. It also offers battery life information at power-up and Auto Power OFF power management. The Buzzer and Auto Power OFF features may be disabled at any time.
- Touch voltage is displayed to alert user to potential unsafe conditions
- Large multi-function, bright yellow organic display (OLED) is visible in all lighting conditions
- Selectable test frequency improves accuracy in inductive environments
- Differentiates between loop and ground resistance measurements.
- Data storage (Ω, A,V and µH with time-stamping): Stores up to 300 measurements
- Easy clamp opening via a force compensation trigger system with 35mm clamp diameter
- Measures earth resistance on solid MEN Systems without test stakes
- Accommodates cables or electrodes up to 35mm diameter
- Measures earth leakage current up to 39.99 Amps
- Contact voltage indication
- 600V Cat IV
- Product includes Hard carrying case, calibration loop, 4 x 1.5V AA batteries, ground workbook and user manual
- Ground electrode system resistance
- Bonding/continuity checks
- Cell tower grounding verification
- Ground measurements on Railroad signaling systems